Orthodontics has always been the domain of orthodontists. Not anymore!
While orthodontists certainly have unique training and tackle all sorts of complex malocclusions, skeletal deviations and abnormalities, there is room to include the general practitioners for less complicated cases.
So says Dr. Elliott Moskowitz, one of the US’s foremost orthodontic teachers.
This is the first of a unique series of courses presented by orthodontists that are designed for general practitioners. This topic: Anterior Crossbites.
The goal of this course is for the Learner to be able to diagnosis and evaluate anterior crossbites, and which cases are within their sphere of treatment. Once the clinician embarks on treating anterior crossbites, Dr. Moskowitz shares how best to manage these cases, and how to assess their final outcomes. His easy and clear way of teaching gives the clinician confidence to undertake these simple therapies to fulfill patient expectations with excellent outcomes.
- How to recognize anterior crossbites in young children and adolescents
- How to select patients with anterior crossbites that can be treated in your practice
- How to select, fabricate, and insert appropriate removable appliance
- How to manage cases during orthodontic treatment
- How to minimize risk utilizing effective parent and patient communication
The speaker will answer your questions
There are no commnets, questions or opinions posted yet. Be the first to comment on this course, it's easy! Just use the box below to write your message and the click "Post"
Elliott Moskowitz, DDS
- 1972 D.D.S., NYU College of Dentistry
- 1972-1973 General Practice Residency, The Catholic Medical Center of Brooklyn and Queens
- 1975 M.Sd., Postgraduate Orthodontic Education, NYU College of Dentistry
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontists Clinical professor in the department of orthodontics at NYU College of Dentistry.
How to avoid extractions when treating malocclusions using MRC’s Bent Wire System and Trainer System for arch development.Dr. Chris Farrell / German Ramirez-Yañez, DDS, Pedo and Maxillofac Orthop Spec, MDSc, PhD
Use of a Diode Laser not only reduces orthodontic treatment time, it allows vastly improved orthodontic outcomes. We will discuss all aspec
Choosing pacifiers that have minimal negative effects on the dento-alveolar development of a child.
In this course, Dr. Brock Rondeau will discuss what general and pediatric dentists need to know to diagnose and treat simple orthodontic cas